2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2014 8:06 AM by BrentJohnson

Pop-up menu field

BrentJohnson

Title

Pop-up menu field

In using my FileMaker Go on my iPad, I notice when I choose a Pop-up menu field, after I choose the number (the values are listed “1-10”), the Pop-up remains until I touch outside the Pop-up.  However, when I use my laptop, after I choose the number, the Pop-up disappears.  Is there a way for my iPad to react the same way my laptop does?

• 1. Re: Pop-up menu field
          TSGal

Brent Johnson:

Thank you for your post.

In FileMaker Go, after you select a value in a field formatted as a Pop-up menu, the next field in the tab order is selected, unlike FileMaker Pro where the field formatted as a Pop-up menu is still the active object.  Therefore, you can set a Script Trigger on the Pop-up menu field to go to the next field in the tab order when modified.  For example, suppose you have three Text fields named F1, F2 and F3, and F2 is formatted as a Pop-up menu with the value list of 1-10.  Create a script "Go to next field" with the script steps:

Go to Field [ F3 ]
             Halt Script

Then, in Layout mode, select F2, pull down the Format menu and select the last option "Set Script Triggers...".  In the Set Script Triggers window, enter a checkmark next to the event "OnObjectModify", and select the newly created script "Go to next field".  Click OK.

Now, when you modify the Pop-up menu field in either FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Go, the next field is entered (F3).

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Pop-up menu field
            BrentJohnson

That worked.  I actually created something similar, but your method works much smoother.

Again, thank you much!