5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2015 9:51 AM by TSGal

PopOver with 2 popup menus

RobertWright

Title

PopOver with 2 popup menus

I have a Popover with 2 Pop-Up menus that I'm developing for an iPad with FMGO 14.  On the iPad when the Popover is opened, the 1st Popup menu is opened (without the user tapping it) and when the user selects an entry, the 2nd Popup is opened (without the user tapping it).  What I want to happen is to only have the either Popup menu open ONLY when the user specifically taps it.   Any ideas on how to achieve this?  Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1. Re: PopOver with 2 popup menus
          TSGal

Robert Wright:

Thank you for your post.

In FileMaker Go 14, fields formatted as pop-up menus should not automatically open unless there is a script being triggered to select the field.  Also, check the first field pop-up menu to see if there is an OnObjectModify script trigger.

Once those script triggers are removed, FileMaker Go will neither automatically open a pop-up menu nor advance to the next field when a pop-up value is selected.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: PopOver with 2 popup menus
            RobertWright

Thanks TSGal for your reply.  Putting my post up late last evening, I didn't fully describe the problem.  Your post made me check the popover and its contained 2 popup menus and the 2 buttons for any script triggers and make sure that is not the problem.  The problem is that AFTER the first popup menu is selected and a choice made, the 2nd one is automatically opened as if the user had touched it to open it.  This is a behavior that doesn't happen on the desktop for FM Pro 14 but does on FMGO 14.  Any idea how to get around this problem or what may be causing it?  I don't have any script triggers on the popover or on any of the 2 contained popup menus but I do have action scripts on each of the 2 buttons "Cancel" and "OK".  Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.

• 3. Re: PopOver with 2 popup menus
              TSGal

Robert Wright:

Are you sure FileMaker Go 14 is being used?  FileMaker Go 13 did have fields formatted as pop-up menus automatically move to the next field in the tab order, and tabbing to a field formatted as a pop-up menu would activate the pop-up.

If you are using FileMaker Go 14, then I would like to see your database file.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: PopOver with 2 popup menus
                RobertWright

Thanks TSGal for finding my problem.  I was indeed using FMGO 13!  I though I had replaced it on all my devices but missed the iPad. I now have the correct version and things seem to be working good.  Thanks again for your help.  Do I need to register FMGO on all my devices if I have registered my desktop version?

• 5. Re: PopOver with 2 popup menus
                  TSGal

Robert Wright:

Glad to know it was FileMaker Go 13.

You do not need to register FileMaker Go.  Be sure to register FileMaker Pro so we can contact you when a new update or release becomes available.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.