3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2014 2:09 PM by philmodjunk

Popup Window without Minimize, Maximize or Close buttons

pademo57

Title

Popup Window without Minimize, Maximize or Close buttons

Hi There,

Fairly new to Filemaker and specifically ver 13.

Problem: Manufacturing plant training new employees on computer equipment. Very noisy in plant and program was written in the 90's.

Solution: Recreate program in Filemaker 13 and possibly in Filemaker Go so trainers can walk through the processes in classroom.

Situation:

1) Current manufacturing program can only handle inputs one way. So if you press the button Process, it pops up a window which has four buttons on it: Style#1, Style#2, Style#3 and Style#4.

The popup window does not have a minimize, maximize or close button. Instead when you press one of the Style buttons it automatically closes the windows. 

Is this possible in Filemaker Go? If so, How?

Can someone walk me through this from beginning to end?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Popup Window without Minimize, Maximize or Close buttons
          philmodjunk

Windows opened in FM GO fill the screen and do not have the window controls found in FileMaker Pro. On the screen, it will look very similar to just changing windows. At least that's how it works on my iPhone. I am assuming that this is also the case for the iPad's larger screen.

• 2. Re: Popup Window without Minimize, Maximize or Close buttons
            pademo57

Thanks PhilModJunk,

Ok, I can live with that.  Can someone show me how I would set this up (either in Filemaker Pro Advanced 13 or FM Go) please?

• 3. Re: Popup Window without Minimize, Maximize or Close buttons
              philmodjunk

New Window is a script step that you can use for opening a new window. If this is a window to be displayed in FileMaker Pro, you can use the advanced window options that are part of this step to control what window controls are visible and whether the window floats or is modal.

The typical script for opening a new window looks something like this:

New Window [......
                   Go to Layout [ select layout for this window
                   Show/Hide Tool Bar (if you want to hide the tool bar

Other steps such as adjust window or move/resize window may be needed depending on the OS and what you need to do with this new window.

And Show Custom Dialog remains a simpler way to open a small modal dialog with up to 3 input fields so it still has it's uses as well.