AnsweredAssumed Answered

port mapping with airport extreme

Question asked by AndrewFrohling on Jul 16, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2014 by SteveAshton

Title

port mapping with airport extreme

Here is where I am stuck:

I still have not been able to use filemaker go on the go. I can't count how many times I drove to bread co to test and see if I could retrieve my database from another wifi network. I called filemaker support and they gave me the most help. I can connect locally with filemaker server to filemaker go no problem. But when I enter the external address in filemaker go no files are available. Filemaker said I needed to call apple support and they would help me setup port mapping via my network using an airport extreme. I called apple care. The first gentlemen said I needed to download an older version of airport utility and he could not walk me through it, which is incorrect as the new one still supports port mapping. I got to tier two and they said they could not walk me through the process either. This is where I am stuck. I didn't know if anyone on here had any knowledge of how to setup port mapping for a mac running lion and the newest update to airport utility, so that I may use filemaker go on the go. 
Thanks again for any help,

Outcomes