6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2012 6:53 PM by jgalt

Portal Scrolling Revisited

PolyPaparas

Title

Portal Scrolling Revisited

In view of the problem with accessing the vertical scroll bar on FM Go on the ipad, and even more on the iphone, I tried to use navigation arrows.

I placed 4 arrows right next to the portal and created buttons that run the relevant script

i.e. Go to first portal row

Go to Portal Row [Select; First]
      Refresh Window []

Go to previous portal row

Go to Portal Row [Select; Previous]
      Refresh Window []

etc

The problem is that the active portal row changes, but the portal does not scroll. So if I select go to last portal row, then it often ends up outside the window!!! One good thing though is that if one gets the focus on a portal row like this, then one can use the finger scroll to navigate.

On FM Pro 11 it works fine

The question is: what am I doing wrong? how can I use the arrows for proper scrolling?

Many thanks for any help offered

• 1. Re: Portal Scrolling Revisited
          TSGal

Poly Paparas:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the inconsistency between the FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go.  I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  I will keep you posted.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Portal Scrolling Revisited
            JustinPaikos

I am having the same issue. Was this issue ever fixed?

• 3. Re: Portal Scrolling Revisited

Try this: consider your portal row as a button and not a data entry point. Touching the field opens that record in a form layout and you enter data there. Save and return to the portal or list view. Almost required on the iPhone...

The nature of using the onscreen keyboard almost demands such a transition in order to give the user time to relax. I know it's making me reconsider all of my email addresses and passwords that I am being asked to fill in...

Data entry in Go is not a speed typing contest and providing more real estate can be a positive thing.

• 4. Re: Portal Scrolling Revisited
                PolyPaparas

Dear TSGal,

I reported this "bug" almost a year ago, and you said that you had confirmed this "inconsistency" and reported it to the appropriate people, but a year down the line nothing has been done to correct this.

Are we supposed to "live with this" or are you really taking into account our reports and fixing the bugs?

• 5. Re: Portal Scrolling Revisited
                  TSGal

Poly Paparas:

The problem was definitely reported.  Our Testing team verified the issue, and it has been sent to our Development department for further review.  No additional information is available at this time.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Portal Scrolling Revisited
                    jgalt

For the love of Steve Jobs, when are the developers at FileMaker going to get their act together and fix this? This portal scrolling issue pretty much make FileMaker go worthless.