2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2011 2:59 PM by philmodjunk

Portals don't scroll on Ipad?

bookalaka_1

Title

Portals don't scroll on Ipad?

I was very exciited to get my solution up and running but now have discovered a big problem that my portals don't scroll? I have read some post's about zooming in and this doesn't work. This is with numerous layouts using portals and all of them don't scroll. Is this a limitation to the IPAD?

Thanks for direction.

• 1. Re: Portals don't scroll on Ipad?
          bookalaka_1

Sorry I did more research and it is an "Apple Technique" as many probably do I found my big fingers were not cooperating as this is a technique to be learned. While far from ideal patience allows you to get to the portal.  Is there a technique to attach an up down button to navigate the scroll bar within a portal?

If there is would be a great solution.

Many Thanks

• 2. Re: Portals don't scroll on Ipad?
            philmodjunk

I'm not a Go user, but as far as I know this technique should work in Go the way it does in FileMaker Pro:

Let's say you have a 5 row portal and you want to add two large finger sized buttons, one to display the next 5 portal records and one to display the previous 5 portal records. Your portal's table includes an auto-entered serial number field and you want the records displayed in creation order.

Set up this Portal Filter on the portal:

PortalTable::SerialID < GetNthRecord ( PortalTable::SerialID ; $$TopRow ) and PortalTable::SerialID > GetNthRecord ( PortalTable::SerialID ; $$TopRow + 4 )

Your "next 5" script performed by tapping the Next button would be:

Set Variable [$$TopRow ; value: $$TopRow + 5 ]
            Refresh Window [flush cached join results]

Your "previous 5" script would be:

Set variable [$$Top Row ; value: $$TopRow - 5]
            Refresh Window [Flush cached join results ]

Add this script with an OnLayoutEnter or OnRecordLoad:

Set variable [$$Top Row ; value: 1 ]
            Refresh Window [Flush cached join results ]

to initialize the global variable when you first access the layout or the record. You can also make the scripts a bit more sophisticated to halt the incrementing of the variable when you reach the first or last block of portal records to display...