10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2014 7:07 AM by barriec7

Portrait/Landscape and Tabbed Layouts (After layout changes, goes to default tab)

barriec7

Title

Portrait/Landscape and Tabbed Layouts (After layout changes, goes to default tab)

After reading that there is no way to lock orientation, I designed a portrait version of the solution, and then used scripting (included below) to change to the portrait or landscape layout based on orientation of the iPad. works beautifully, except...

the layout in question has tabs. and whenever the layout is rotated, it loads the default tab.  So...

If we have two layouts (layout A and layout B) and each has three tabs (A, B, C) with tab A the default (front) tab...and we rotate the iPad moving from layout A to layout B but we are on a non-default tab when we rotate, how do we return to the same tab?

I've researched this, and I reckon what I am needing is a script to restore tab state, but perhaps with FM 2013 the developers addressed this? the behavior with loading a new layout based upon orientation by default loads to the default tab.

Barrie

ipad.png