9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2014 9:15 AM by TSGal

possible bug on fmgo13 in list view

AppGuy

Title

possible bug on fmgo13 in list view

I have a report that filters data based on the person approving time.  The Layout is in list view so it can show all the time records that are approved.

When switching views to this approved screenshot I have included it cut's off the 1st record.  I have tried adding a manual refresh button and still no affect.

The only thing thats seems to fix it is when I edit this layout and it does a refresh(automatically) from that it appears to be fine.  

So my question becomes is this a bug or what is the difference in the refresh after a layout is edited and an iPad does the refresh???

Screen_Shot_2014-03-19_at_3.30.54_PM.png

• 1. Re: possible bug on fmgo13 in list view
          AppGuy

Everything is written in FM13 and is on a FM13 Server...   

BTW.. it works fine in FM Pro Adv 13..

• 2. Re: possible bug on fmgo13 in list view
            philmodjunk

Can you use your finger to drag things down to fully show the first record?

• 3. Re: possible bug on fmgo13 in list view
              AppGuy

That's as far as I can drag it.. It's like it's stuck behind the header.. 

I can browse all the other records fine..

• 4. Re: possible bug on fmgo13 in list view
                TSGal

JP:

Thank you for your posts.

From the screen shot, it is difficult to determine what is the cause.

To see if the layout is damaged, try creating a new layout (do not duplicate the existing layout), and copy some of the fields into the new layout.  Access the file via FileMaker Go, and see if the problem still occurs.  If not, try moving all fields onto the new layout.  If this works, then it may be a damaged layout.

If the problem still exists, then I would like to see a clone of the file so I can determine why the layout is failing.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send a copy of the file.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: possible bug on fmgo13 in list view
                  AppGuy

I will give that a shot.. I also emailed you the file as requested..  I will let you know what happens..

• 6. Re: possible bug on fmgo13 in list view
                    TSGal

JP:

I was able to replicate the issue.  If I scroll upwards, I may not get to record 1, and the record that is shown in the top position may be cut at some random point in the layout.

1. If I am at this point, if I switch to Form View and back to List View, I am able to scroll to the top.

2. If I don't scroll and tap the status bar (very top that has the time), I automatically scroll up to record 1.

3. If I change the script trigger for the layout and add "Go to Record [First]" script step after the Sort and before Refresh Window, that will place focus at the first record, and the scroll issue won't happen.

The information was sent to Testing and Development, and they informed me this has been previously reported (not by a forum member).  The only way to successfully scroll up or down in List View is with the record slider (which I realize is not visible on your layout).

TSGal
                         FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: possible bug on fmgo13 in list view
                      AppGuy

Thanks TSGal.. Let me know if you get this fixed..

• 8. Re: possible bug on fmgo13 in list view
                        philmodjunk

@TSGal, is there any other factor involved here? I've got a number of list views and haven't encountered this issue so I am wondering if there is some additional factor that would explain why this has happened for JP and not for me.

An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.

• 9. Re: possible bug on fmgo13 in list view
                          TSGal

PhilModJunk:

I have some sample files with thousands of records that don't exhibit this behavior.  The file supplied by JP does include a portal and a lot of merge fields.  The original report had a sample file with 100,000 records of a single number field, Arial 96 point, red, center alignment vertically and horizontally, auto-enter Get (FoundCount), so the values 1 to 100000 appear.

No other information regarding the cause.  The information is now with Development.

TSGal
                               FileMaker, Inc.