1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2012 10:33 AM by TSGal

Print Issue after Update to iOS6

BrandonTerrell

Title

Print Issue after Update to iOS6

So yesterday I updated my iPad to iOS6, updated Filemaker GO to version 12.0.5, and updated AirPrint Activator (the addon I put on my mac to allow me to print from my ipad to any wireless printer) and now today, without making any changes to scripts or layouts or my filemaker solution at all, I am having a serious printing glitch.  I have attached an image of what my report used to look like, and how it is printing now...it seems like a very odd occurance after simply running some updates, but seeing as I made no other changes I can't imagine what else it would be.  Is this something anyone else is experiencing, and is there a possible fix for this?  It still prints normally when done from my Mac, so it would appear to be solely a Filemaker GO issue.  Maybe I missed some change in the update log?  Any hints would be helpful.  Thanks!

FileMakerPrint.jpg

• 1. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
          BrandonTerrell

Still could really use some input on this issue.  This problem occurs whether I use the Print script I wrote or even if I just go into the settings menu and print the screen directly.  Every other layout I have prints normally from the iPad, and this layout prints perfectly fine via the menu or my print script when executed from the desktop.  The background is set to white so I have no idea where all the blue is coming from, and it appears that the conditional formatting I have set up is not being applied.  I really need to resolve this problem, so any input at all would be helpful.  Thank you!

• 2. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
            Jade

Did you try changing the Fill of the body, header and footer of this layout to Solid with a White colour in layout mode?

• 3. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
              BrandonTerrell

The background is set to white...

First thing I made sure of.  I am under the impression it's a larger problem, seeing as it does print perfectly from Filemaker Pro and only has issues on Filemaker GO.

• 4. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
                TSGal

Brandon Terrell:

Thank you for your posts and screen shot.

I currently don't have an explanation why this is printing differently under FileMaker Go 12.0v5.  Therefore, I would like to get a copy of your file so I can verify the issue and have our Development and Testing departments review it.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send your file.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
                  TSGal

Brandon Terrell:

I received your file.  Thank you.

It appears in FileMaker Go 12.0v5, the default Theme (in your case, River Touch) is being used while printing, even if you changed the background fill.  I don't see this being previously reported, so I have submitted your file along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for additional review.  Until this is resolved, duplicate your original "Traffic Follow Up Print" layout (to save the original settings), and change the Theme of the "Traffic Follow Up Print" layout from River Touch to Classic.  The "Back" and "Print" buttons that appear in the header will also lose formatting, so copy them to the clipboard prior to changing the Theme, and then once the Theme is changed, paste the buttons to the layout, and move them into the position where the previous buttons occupied.

I have sent the your file with these changes back to our Technical Support contact, so you should receive the file shortly.  If you don't receive the file within one hour, please let me know, and I'll make sure the file is sent to you immediately.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
                    BrandonTerrell

Perfect, thank you very much for taking the time to look into this.  I never would have figured out that it was still printing the default theme background for some reason.  Changing the theme to classic worked just fine as a temporary solution until the issue can be resolved.  

• 7. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
                      philmodjunk

I believe that it has already been reported.

For More Information see:     [FIXED] Since Go 12.0.5, the PDF background is GREY

This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Buglist for Filemaker GO thread here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.

It can also be downloaded as a database file from:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt09b82i0xijbu3/FMP%20Bugs.zip

• 8. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
                        TSGal

Brandon Terrell:

The FileMaker Go 12.0.6 update appears to fix this issue.  That is, I'm not able to replicate the problem.  Can you download and try it?

TSGal
                             FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
                          BrandonTerrell

Figures this update would be release the day I identify and resolve the issue idependently, hah.  But yes, after downloading 12.0.6 the background color prints properly on FM GO regardless of the assigned theme.  However, I notice that the text font still appears to print as the theme's default instead of the assigned font style.  From my desktop my text is printing out as Century Gothic, but when printed off my iPad the spacing is slightly altered and the text is printing out in the correct font size, but in what looks like Helvetica font (which I believe is the default for the River theme I have applied).

• 10. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
                            TSGal

Brandon Terrell:

Thanks for the update.

Since Century Gothic is not a font supported under iOS, it may very well substitute Helvetica.  Try switching to a different iOS font.  For a complete list of supported iOS fonts, go to:

http://iosfonts.com

TSGal
                                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
                              BrandonTerrell

I thought that might be the case, was just hoping that at some point since it is supported in printing from the desktop it could be managed from the iPad as well.  The client specifically wants to use Century Gothic, so i'll just have to stick with what I have.  Thanks for all the help and information!

• 12. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
                                TSGal

Brandon Terrell:

Until Century Gothic becomes available on iOS, you may want to consider something close, like Avenir-Book.

TSGal
                                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 13. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
                                  BrandonTerrell

I have also discovered that in the list view layout I am using, while it is true that after the update to 12.0.6 the theme background no longer prints over the entire page, any space that doesn't have a record entry is still filled with the default theme background.  For example, if the spacing on a printed page doesn't exactly fill it up, there will be a line of blue at the bottom.  Or more drastically, if the last printed page of a report has only one record, it will be white while the ENTIRE rest of the blank area of the page is printed in blue.  I think I will have to stick with manually adjusting my theme to Classic and then restructuring the layout to work in that theme so that I don't get pages largely filled with a default background color until this can be corrected as well.

• 14. Re: Print Issue after Update to iOS6
                                    TSGal

Brandon Terrell:

I cannot replicate the problem.  I'm using "River Touch" Theme and set the fill for the Header, Body and Footer to solid color white.  When I Print -> PDF -> View, I see all white on the last page of my report following the last record.  Are we still talking about the Traffic Print layout?

TSGal
                                         FileMaker, Inc.

1 2 Previous Next