1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 1:04 PM by disabled_ntaylor

Print pdf directly from container field

wiz302pa

Title

Print pdf directly from container field

New iPad issue when trying to print a pdf file stored in a container field

In the past touching the pdf image brought up an Actions  pop-up menu with PRINT as an option.  This allowed me to print the pdf contents of the container field.  Now, the word PRINT is not included in the pop-up menu.

I can open the pdf in Safari, then print, but prefer not to take so many steps.  How can I set this up to I can print using the Actions pop-up menu?  Maybe I have the Data Formatting for the container field wrong?  Help please..

• 1. Re: Print pdf directly from container field
          James Thomson:

Thank you for the post.

"Now, the word PRINT is not included in the pop-up menu."

I tested FileMaker Go 12 and FileMaker Go 13 and neither one includes "Print" in the pop-up menu; however, if I first tap "View", then tap the [] (box with up arrow) in the top right-hand corner, then the print option is available.

If this option does not appear to exist in the current file, then test a new file to eliminate a custom menu created removing the print option.

Please keep me updated with any progress or let me know if I missed a step to reproduce.

Additionally, the following article lists the known issues with FileMaker Go 13.0v5 and iOS 8:

TSFalcon
          FileMaker, Inc.