3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2012 10:30 AM by philmodjunk

Print problems

smokey

Title

Print problems

I've developed a program on FM 10 and am doing a print script.  I'm sorting the records in the script by year (<1900<1977). However, I would like to eliminate printing certain records that I've already sent. I have a field that I've entered a date that they were sent and would like to know how to print everything except those paerticular records.  Can you help?

Thank you,

Smokey

• 1. Re: Print problems
          philmodjunk

Are you doing this in FileMaker Pro or FileMaker GO? You have posted your question to the FileMaker GO forum. See the tabs at top of this screen for selecting and posting questions to the FM Pro Forum if you are trying to use FMP Pro.

You'll need to explain what you mean by "certain records that I've already sent". Does "sent" mean that you have printed that record once before? Do you want to print only found records that have never been printed? Is there a field that is updated when you print one of these records?

• 2. Re: Print problems
            smokey

I apologize, I meant to post this on FileMaker Pro.

The program that I developed is a music publishing program.  The part of the program that I’m working on now is for “recapturing songs”, which means that when a song has been copyrighted the writer has a certain amount of time that he can get his songs back from the publisher of the song.  Therefore, I have the original copyright date on one report and it shows me when the copyright recapture period is available to get your song(s) back.  Some of the songs have already been “recaptured” and I have records that indicating that the song has been recaptured and the date that the notice was sent to the publisher & Copyright Office. The report that I’m working on now shows me all the songs and information on the song that I’m in the process of recapturing, but I don’t need to print the ones that have already been sent, so I’m trying to print only the songs that have not been sent. (Did that make since to you???) In the printing of this report, I’m trying to eliminate the ones that have already been sent and wanted be able to print every song except for the ones that have already been sent. The only way that I could figure out how to accomplish this is to use the “Date Sent” field somehow to prevent them from printing. (Wow, that almost confused me and I’m the one that wrote it.)

Can you help?

Thanks,

Smokey

• 3. Re: Print problems
              philmodjunk

I've responded to your new post in the FM Pro Forum.