3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2011 1:17 PM by disabled_JackRodgers

Printing Multiple Layouts for one record in Filemaker go.

mdaracz

Title

Printing Multiple Layouts for one record in Filemaker go.

I am trying to setup a script to print multiple layouts of one record with filemaker go.

I know I can setup a looping script to accomplish that, but the problem is that filemaker go does not support the print( perform without dialog) option. So the user will have to press print every time the script switches to the new layout.  Is there any alternative to doing this? I really would like to eliminate this step of pressing the print button multiple times. 

THANKS!!!!!

• 1. Re: Printing Multiple Layouts for one record in Filemaker go.
          philmodjunk

Out of curiosity, why different layouts for the same record?

A possible work around would be to set up a print layout that combines all the features of these different layouts in one layout so that this type of switching from layout to layout is not necessary when you want to print.

• 2. Re: Printing Multiple Layouts for one record in Filemaker go.
            mdaracz

I have 1 record with related line items in a seperate table.  There are three types of reports based on the record and the line items. Each report display different information about the related line items. I also need to use list views for these reports because of limitations of portals( I have alot of line items which span multiple pages)

• 3. Re: Printing Multiple Layouts for one record in Filemaker go.

Sounds like a multi-category list report might solve the problem.

In the child table create the report and use the category levels to define your previous multiple reports. The parent record can be the first category and yes you can drag the related field onto the report and use it as a category and you can sort by that field. The following categories will come from your child table.

If this works for you it would loook like being created in the child file

Parent Field
              ....child topic
              .........child subtopic
              ...............child subsubtopic
              Body with as many fields as you like

Thus you may find your separate ports showing up as one of the topics.

Let us know if this works for you. It can handle thousands and thousands of records.

I have several posts on my blog if you want to search for report or similar words.