3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2015 12:24 PM by schamblee

Problem with Import menu

appt

Title

Problem with Import menu

One of my solutions has a popover that opens a window with a container field. The field is used to hold a photograph and touching the field gives access to the import menu.

The solution has a custom menu with limited items.

When I load the solution onto my iPad it works perfectly.

However, on the client's iPad touching the field only gives the 'paste' option (when touched twice).
      If you paste then replace the full import menu becomes available.

So what is happening? I know my code is fine because it is working fine on my iPad and another client's, it's just this one iPad that seems to have a problem. Can anyone think of a setting I may have missed in her iPad - I checked that the FM GO app has access to the camera.

She already struggles with the iPad so I really don't want to have to delete the app and reinstall, but if no-one has a solution.....

• 1. Re: Problem with Import menu
          rgordon

I believe this issue might be due to the version of Filemaker Go and the IOS on the iPad.  Make sure your client has the latest version of FileMaker Go 13.  There are some problems with Filemaker Go 12 and iOS 8. 

• 2. Re: Problem with Import menu
            appt

Thanks, for that. It was in the back of my mind that it might be an issue but wasn't a fully formed thought!
            Pretty sure that she has not updated iOS - the IT person told them not to because they only have 16Gb iPads.
            Remind me, there is a way of turning off auto updates isn't there? Once we have a stable version of FM Go working I think I'd prefer it not to update her version without me knowing.

• 3. Re: Problem with Import menu
              schamblee

I believe the os update downloads automatically but you have to  manually install the update.    There is a setting for auto updating apps which may be enable on the user devices, so Filemaker Go may automatically update. 

For the setting for App updating Setting>iTunes&App Store>Updates