3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2014 12:52 PM by philmodjunk

Problems transferring info from FM go to FM pro

FionaDickinson

Title

Problems transferring info from FM go to FM pro

I'm new to Filemaker and I'm having problems transferring data from my ipad FM go back to my locally hosted database on the desktop. I had to email it to the device in the first place so and I realise that the copy on the device won't automatically sync with the database but I can't get it to email back properly.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Problems transferring info from FM go to FM pro
          schamblee

Dropbox is the easies way to copy file to and from your computer.  Dropbox has a free 5gb account. You can also use iTunes.

• 2. Re: Problems transferring info from FM go to FM pro
            FionaDickinson

Thanks for your help and apologies if I'm being a bit slow but how do I get FMgo to save to dropbox, whenever I try to save it simply saves to the home page on the tablet.

• 3. Re: Problems transferring info from FM go to FM pro
              philmodjunk

I will assume that my iPhone is similar to the iPad interface:

Close the file. On the FM GO home screen, tap the "device" icon to list the files currently on your device. Then tap the icon at the top that looks like a piece of paper with a folded over corner and a check box. This cases a radio button selector to appear to the left of each file on your device. Tap the radio button for the file you want to save to drop box. Now tap the icon that looks like a box with an arrow pointing up. This should bring up an "open in" dialog where you can tap the icon for Drop Box. This will take you to your drop box account where you can select a folder inside drop to which to copy the file. After you select a folder, your iOS device will upload the file to drop box and a short while later, you'll see a notification pop up on your computer that tells you that the file is now on your computer.

This takes much longer to describe than it actually takes to do.

To pull the a file from drop box into FM GO, open the drop box App, find the file and try to open it. You get an error that it can't be opened, tat the same box with an up arrow icon to get a list of choices and select the "open In" icon. You can then select FileMaker Go as the Open In App. A current bug in FM GO with iOS8 will keep the file from opening, but the file will be copied over to FM GO and you can find and open it from the same "Files on Device" list described earlier.