Thank you for your post.
Since this issue "happens occasionally", the next time this occurs, please write down all other applications that may be running. Also, write down the quick find data that was being searched. Then, try performing the quick find again using the same search criteria. Does it fail again? If so, try searching on different criteria? Does this also fail?
What I'm trying to discern is once the find fails, do subsequent finds also fail? Assuming subsequent finds also fail, close and reopen the file and try again. If this still fails, exit FileMaker Go, relaunch FileMaker Go, open the file and try again. This will help me determine if it is a memory issue, a file issue, or FileMaker Go issue.
Please keep me posted with any progress.
This has now happened again. The search term was 'PAY' (without the quotes). It repeatedly failed to show all the records it said had matched. There should have been 114 matches, but it showed only a handful - missing out the most recent ones.
I shut down all the open apps and even did a complete restart of my iPad with the same results. (Only FMG was left open!).
I then did a different search and it looked like it found all the records plus one I couldn't see why it had matched. The search term was 'A4E'. (As a coincidence, I have a secondary sort field which is numeric, which is hardly used. In this particular record, it had a 4 in it!
I should mention that before each search, I always did a 'Show all records' first.
I then did another search for 'PAY' and it correctly found - and displayed - all the records I was expecting.
If you have any more questions, or want further information, please don't hesitate to ask.
From your description, since the Find operation uses the index for each field, it sounds like the indices in one or more fields is corrupt. To remove the index, open the file in FileMaker Pro, go into Manage -> Database, select the table, select the field, and click on Options. In the Options window, click the "Storage" tab, and at the bottom under "Indexing", set the Indexing to "None" and Automatically create indexes as needed. Click OK twice to return to your database file. Perform a Find on the field to recreate a new index for the field.
See if you are now able to replicate the Quick Find issue.
Thank you for your reply. I will do as you suggest and see what happens.