3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2011 9:32 PM by Allan

Question about go to layout (slide to change view)

HowardLee

Title

Question about go to layout (slide to change view)

Hi

Is there any function I can use in Filemaker Pro that can change different layout with only sliding the screen?

I think that is common to slide on screen to change to different page in other iPad App.

But, I can't find it in Filemaker Pro.

Is there someone can help me about this?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Question about go to layout (slide to change view)

Filemaker uses a sliding finger to move around the layout, h or v.

So, use a button to switch layouts or the icon on the upper right which lets you choose layouts that are already open. You can use the swipe there to move among the layout options.

On the toolbar at the bottom, use the icon in the lower left to see your layouts that where checked in the Layout Editor.

• 2. Re: Question about go to layout (slide to change view)
            HowardLee

First, thanks for your reply.

But, I had already implemented the button function like you said.

I only need to let it look more fancy like the other common iPad app.

No matter what, I still thank you for your reply.

• 3. Re: Question about go to layout (slide to change view)
              Allan

Since I don't really want my layouts to be accessible except through my navigation methods, I have set all of them not to show up in the Layout Menu. This opens up a neat opportunity though: turn the little layout menu in FMGo into a mock custom menu.

Create some blank layouts that are the "menu items" and set them to show in the Layout Menu. Then use a trigger for entry in each layout to send users where you really want them to go. This way, your layout menu is not populated with layout names such as "Customer Report with Work Record ON", but just "Customer report". The "Customer report" layout need have nothing in it at all, except the OnLayoutEnter triggered script. The fake layout won't ever perceptibly load before you get shunted to the real destination layout.

Not quite as nifty as swiping, but still...