2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 9:44 AM by philmodjunk

Question about slide control on FileMaker Pro 13

mfults

Title

Question about slide control on FileMaker Pro 13

I just recently got FileMaker Pro 13 so I am relatively new, but I had a question about the slide control feature. I am working on something for an Ipad and I want it to have 5 slide tabs, but I want the view to change depending on which one you are. Is there a way for a script to run when you slide to a certain tab and change the view?

• 1. Re: Question about slide control on FileMaker Pro 13
          AppGuy

When you change tabs in a slide control it would automatically change the view of whatever is in your slide controller..  However, yes you can add script triggers to these as well.. 

Simply right click on the controller and select set script trigger.. You have an option "onpanelswtich"

• 2. Re: Question about slide control on FileMaker Pro 13
            philmodjunk

You also have OnObjectModify--which can be used with GetLayoutObjectAttribute to detect which panel is the Front panel.

Sometimes one trigger works better than the other as OnPanelSwitch is tripped before the slider slides and OnObjectModify is tripped after it slides.

As an example, in my recently released Date Picker demo file, you swipe a three panel slider to change the date picker to a different month and I found that I had to use OnObjectModify so that the user sees the panel slide before the script kicks in and modifies the values displayed to produce the needed calendar control for a new month, year.