2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 2:38 PM by wedge-eagle

Remove File from Start-up

Ewanm

Title

Remove File from Start-up

I am hosting numerous files on a Filemaker Server (12) and access one of them from Filemaker Go. When I choose the host from the start-up page, I get presented with all of the files hosted on the Server. Is there some way of removing them from the page so that users only have one file to choose?

• 1. Re: Remove File from Start-up
          TSGal

Ewanm:

Thank you for your post.

Open any file under FileMaker Pro, and pull down the File menu and select Sharing -> FileMaker Network..., 

In the FileMaker Network Settings, notice at the bottom there is a checkbox that says "Don't display in Open Remote File dialog".  By checking this box, the file will not display when you access the host.  This will allow you to hide all hosted files except for the one(s) you want to see.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Remove File from Start-up
            wedge-eagle

Another thing you may find helpful?  is a tool (free) called app maker.  (client based solution) 

Lets you put an Icon on the Ipad that goes directly to the file you configure in AP maker.   Distribution of the Icon/app to the ipad is via email.