3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2012 12:26 PM by TSGal

Rotating images in Filemaker Go

zinny

Title

Rotating images in Filemaker Go

Occasionally when I use the iphone camera to take photos for a container field it appears upside down or sideways inside GO. I know it is bad camera technique but I think it happens because I am photographing objects on the ground and the iphone orientation goes a bit skwif when it is pointing down.

Is there a way of rotating images from inside filemaker go? I saw a few posts about using apple scripts but from my understanding go can't use apple scripts.

Any ideas? Thanks

• 1. Re: Rotating images in Filemaker Go

I ran into the 90 degree problem and opened the files in a graphics program Windows Something and the rotated the picture and saved it. That corrected the problem. I did have to insert the image again.

Troi.com has a file plugin with some image manipulatin features for Filemaker container fields. If rotation isn't available, perhaps some other plug in will offer it.

Transfer your Go file to your PC or Mac and work with Filemaker Pro and the plugin.

I bought the iPhone app but it doesn't work on my Touch (I knew this). Perhaps it will rotate your images on an iphone or iPad. Its cheap...

• 2. Re: Rotating images in Filemaker Go
            zinny

I want something that specifically rotates the picture within GO (fixing it with a third party on a desktop is ok but a bit annoying), I think it may be a feature request.

• 3. Re: Rotating images in Filemaker Go
              TSGal

Reuben Pollock:

Thank you for your posts.

I recommend that you enter this suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form are placed inside a database file that is monitored by Development and Product Management, where the suggestons are then discussed and considered for a future release.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.