3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2012 1:41 PM by TSGal

Save emailed PDF in a container field

AnitaWoods

Title

Save emailed PDF in a container field

I would like to be able to save an emailed PDF in a container field.  Meaning, check your email on iPad/iPhone, save the PDF on the device, then be able to take that PDF and attach it into a container field.  How can you do that?

• 1. Re: Save emailed PDF in a container field

I lost touch with my Touch so I can't verify this idea:

You can insert photos into the container field in Go so you might be able to use the Insert File function in a button to locate the PDF file on the Go device.

Create a simple script for Insert File but do not tell it a file to insertl. This opens the Open File dialog so you can search for the file. Works on your desktop or portable not sure at the moment how it works with GO.

Filemaker may have limited the Insert File to specific types of files, can't tell...

• 2. Re: Save emailed PDF in a container field
            AnitaWoods

I know this is very old, but wanted to update: when you use the Insert File script, you get the following error in FM Go on the ipad:

"The script step "Insert File" is not supported on this device. Please see help for more information. Do you wish to continue this script?" If you click Yes, it simply opens the "Choose from Library/Get Signature/Take Photo" that is normal for a container field.

• 3. Re: Save emailed PDF in a container field
              TSGal

Anita Woods:

Thank you for your posts, and I apologize for the late reply.

At this time, the Insert File script step is disabled under iOS.  I encourage you to enter this suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form are monitored and read by Development and Product Management, where they are then discussed and consdered for a future release.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.