2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2013 10:32 AM by philmodjunk

Saving PDF to host from Filemaker Go

Ein

Title

Saving PDF to host from Filemaker Go

I currently have a layout in my database that automatically exports records as a PDF when committed. This works great on the desktop, but on Filemaker Go it will only save to the device, no matter how many different network paths I seem to try.

I want to be able to have the PDF saved to a designated file on the host computer, even when using Go. It needs to happen automatically, without user involvement.

Is this possible? If so, how?

All hints, tips, and scripting suggestions welcome and appreciated! Thank you!

• 1. Re: Saving PDF to host from Filemaker Go
          TSGal

Ein:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, files exported from FileMaker Go can only be saved to the device.  One possible option is to export and email the file to the hosted machine.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Saving PDF to host from Filemaker Go
            philmodjunk

Or since the iOS device is connected to a database hosted by FileMaker Pro or Server, you could use a script to insert the PDF into a container field.

A script on the server could then move the file out of the container field into a location on the server.

Hmmm, wonder what would happen if we inserted a file into a container from the iOS client with external storage specified with storage specified for a location on the server?