2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2013 7:08 AM by RobertMoss

Scanning Barcodes with Filemaker Go and Pic2Shop Pro

RobertMoss

Title

Scanning Barcodes with Filemaker Go and Pic2Shop Pro

Hello,

I am trying to scan barcodes with an app called Pic2Shop Pro. I wrote a script that should be able to open the application from Filemaker Go, scan the barcode, and then go back to FileMaker Go and search for that information. 

Opening the application from FileMaker Go works just fine. However, the application doesn't go back to FileMaker Go once it scans the barcode. It seems to sit there and do nothing when looking at the barcode. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? 

The URL I am using to call Pic2Shop is as follows: "p2spro://scan?callback=fmp%3A//%24/"  & Get ( FileName ) & "%3Fscript%3DScan%26param%3DEAN". 

The Scan script (after calling Pic2Shop) is shown in the image attached.

Thanks!

Screen_Shot_2013-04-29_at_11.40.24_AM.png

• 1. Re: Scanning Barcodes with Filemaker Go and Pic2Shop Pro
          schamblee

I haven't used any bar code scanning apps, so my knowledge is limited.  I noticed in your script when you enter find mode there is a pause.  This pause will halt the excution of your script until you click continue in the upper right hand of the screen.   You can disable the pause by unchecking it in the script step.  Post back on here if this doesn't fix the problem, so  someone with more PIC2PRO experience might can help.

• 2. Re: Scanning Barcodes with Filemaker Go and Pic2Shop Pro
            RobertMoss

Hi S Chamblee,

Thanks for your suggestion. I removed the "pause" from the script, but this unfortunately did not solve the problem. The Pic2Shop Pro app still sits there and does nothing when I place the barcode in front of it.

Do you know of anyone who has Pic2Shop experience?

Thanks!