9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2014 11:42 PM by RishadNoor

Screenshot from Filemaker Go

RishadNoor

Title

Screenshot from Filemaker Go

Hi,

Is there a way to set a script for FM go to take screenshot of the layout?

I know the manual way to take screenshots on the iPads and this is not solving my issue. 

Thank you in advance!

Rishad

• 1. Re: Screenshot from Filemaker Go
          AppGuy

You can export data but there is currently not a way to take screenshots via a script... Great Idea though..  

You should put the request in here:  https://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

• 2. Re: Screenshot from Filemaker Go
            schamblee

Save Record As PDF. 

• 3. Re: Screenshot from Filemaker Go
              RishadNoor

Thank you guys for your answers. Saving pdf is not going to solve my issue/idea. I have to come up with some another solution.

• 4. Re: Screenshot from Filemaker Go
                TSGal

Rishad Noor:

Thank you for your post.

The suggestion by "S Chamblee" is very good (Thank you!).  Depending on the size of your layout, saving the record as PDF should give you a close representation of the current screen.  Perhaps you could explain exactly what is your issue, as there may be other alternatives.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Screenshot from Filemaker Go
                  RishadNoor

Hi,

Well, the idea is to send/upload screenshots automatically from iPad to a cloud server. This particular cloud does not support/preview the pdf files.

There is also another benefit, to be able to share information automatically to those who do not have any FM products or acrobat reader in their devices.

I hope you have an alternative suggestion.

Thank You!

Rishad Noor

• 6. Re: Screenshot from Filemaker Go
                    TSGal

Rishad Noor:

FileMaker Go only works within its own work area.  It will not save or send files to a cloud server.  By taking a screen shot, this will be saved in the Photos application, and screenshots can be sent to Apple's iCloud server.

PDF files can be opened on any iOS device and Mac computer.  Acrobat Reader is not necessary.  Therefore, your concern is for users with Windows computers or non-iOS portable devices.  Correct?

TSGal
                         FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Screenshot from Filemaker Go
                      schamblee

To take a screen shot press the home and sleep button at the same time.

• 8. Re: Screenshot from Filemaker Go
                        philmodjunk

And the screen shot can then be manually inserted into a container field from the photo gallery once you've captured it.

But this is all a manual operation, it cannot be scripted, which is the original reason behind this thread....

• 9. Re: Screenshot from Filemaker Go
                          RishadNoor

TSGal:

Thank you for your respond.

I do understand that FMgo will not upload the pictures to any cloud. But I can set the cloud application so that it uploads all the pictures that appears in this iPad to the cloud and shares them with my team. "The iPad is used only for FMgo, so there won't be any other/personal pictures".

Once the picture is uploaded, everyone in the team has access to it via web browse. They can go to the cloud's website, sign in and have access to all screen shots, simple as that. *All the screenshots in one place and available always from anywhere*

Idea is not only to send a file to someone. Idea is to keep them all in one place and always available.

But I understand if this not possible now, hope that one day it will be an option like this or similar. 

S Chamblee and PhilModJunk, thank you both for your comments! Manual is not an option here.

Rishad Noor