10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2013 3:05 PM by TSGal

Scroll Bars and Wings

obidon

Title

Scroll Bars and Wings

Hello All,

I have created a Go Layout which used the sliding wings principal. The wings contain portals and everything is as it should be until I turn on the portal scroll bars.  This causes the grouped wings to arrange to the front.

Has anybody else come across this and does anybody have a workaround

FMa12

• 1. Re: Scroll Bars and Wings
          TSGal

Don Don:

Thank you for your post.

Can you expand a bit more on the "sliding wings principal"?  When you say "grouped wings", do you mean grouped objects?

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Scroll Bars and Wings
            obidon

Hi TS Gal

My previous attempt at posting a response awhile back seems to have failed. I guess the hive fell over again. Sorry for the delay

To simplify.  

1) Create a 717h x 768w 'body' rectangle and fill with a solid colour. Position and anchor this top left of the screen.  

2) Next create a group containing a portal and a background rectangle measuring 256w x 717h. Align the right edge of this to the right edge of the body rectangle and anchor top and right.  Arrange this to the back, hence concealing it by the body.

3) When viewed on the iPad in landscape the body at the back will slide out to reveal itself.

This works beautifully.  However when you switch on scrolling in the portal, the portal ignores the arrangement.  ie it is forced to comes to the front. this only occurs on the iPAd.  its fine on desktop machines. I think it is a bug in FM Go

• 3. Re: Scroll Bars and Wings
              obidon

In addition to this, I've discovered during my experimentation that buttons which appear conceaked by the body part are still active.  if a user clicks on the background and a button is underneath, it will trigger  concelaed buttons

• 4. Re: Scroll Bars and Wings
                TSGal

Don Don:

Thank you for the additional information.

I'm unable to replicate the issue.  Here are the steps I took:

1. I created a database (Test.fp7) with two tables: main and portal.

2. I have related the two tables via the field ID in both tables.

3. In main, I created a Blank Layout and removed the Header and Footer.

4. I added a red-filled rectangle size 717h x 768w and placed it in the upper left corner.

5. I created a portal into the table "portal", sized it 717h x 256w and placed it in the upper right aligned with the right edge of the red rectangle.

6. I sent the portal to the back.

7. I opened the file as a guest using FileMaker Go.

8. Rotating between portrait and landscape, the portal never appears.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Scroll Bars and Wings
                  obidon

Evening

If you anchor the main block to the top, left & anchor the portal block to the right, top, you will get what i am trying to achieve.

Thanks

• 6. Re: Scroll Bars and Wings
                    obidon

Skeleton Key sumamrise this best

http://www.skeletonkey.com/blog/Basic_FileMaker_Go_Layout_Sizing

But the FM academy and seedco have similar pages

Don

• 7. Re: Scroll Bars and Wings
                      TSGal

Don Don:

If you anchor right, then it is going to anchor to the right edge of the screen.  Looking at it in Portrait Mode, since the block is the same size as the width, you won't see the portal.  Once you turn to landscape, it will be anchored to the right side of the screen, and the rectangle, not being wide enough will not cover the field.  Even using FileMaker Pro, if you make the database window wider, you will see the portal attach itself to the right edge.

The description from the link you provided is fairly straight-forward.  What were you hoping to occur?

TSGal
                           FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Scroll Bars and Wings
                        obidon

Hi TS Gal

So you have the sliding worked out.  Place a portal list on the sliding tab. Still Fine

If you now switch on scrolling to the portal, the wing continues to behave as expected o the desktop machine.  View the same in FM Go and the portal is forced to the front when in Portariat mode.

Also if the hidden wing has a button this button, though not visisble in portarit mode can still be activated.

Don

• 9. Re: Scroll Bars and Wings
                          TSGal

Don Don:

I am able to reproduce the problem.  With the scroll bar turned on, the field is no longer hidden in portrait mode.  It displays on top of the image, even when sent to the back.  I have sent your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal
                               FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: Scroll Bars and Wings
                            TSGal

Don Don:

I received an immediate reply that Development and Testing are already aware of this issue.  It was also reported by another customer on the forum at:

FileMaker Go

Your posts have been attached to the original report.

TSGal
                                 FileMaker, Inc.