5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2012 3:18 PM by TSGal

Scroll to top

EP

Title

Scroll to top

I noticed that in FM Go, I cannot scroll to top/home unless I double tap the button on my layout to do this.  A single tap just doesn't worl, but a double tap always does.  Is there a workaround for this?  It is also causing problems with my sort scripts that scroll to home after a sort button is pressed (it never scrolls to home).

Thanks

• 1. Re: Scroll to top
          TSGal

E P:

Thank you for your post.

I'm not sure what button you are describing.  Is this a button you created?

Are you in List View?  Does scrolling not work?

Any other information you can provide would be helpful.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Scroll to top
            EP

Yes I created a button  to "scroll home."  I am in list view on the iPad.  I have to double tap the button to activate scrolling.  1 tap doesn't do anything.  Also, I have scrolling as a script step in some of my scripts and scrolling doesn't work this way either.  

• 3. Re: Scroll to top
              TSGal

E P:

I'm unable to reproduce the issue.  This is what I did:

1. In FileMaker Pro 12, I set a Layout to List View.

2. Using the rectangle tool, I draw a box on the Layout.

3. With the box selected, I pulled down the Format menu and select "Button Setup..."

4. I set the button to the "Go to Record/Request/Page" and specified "First" from the pop-up.

5. I moved the file over to the iPad and opened it under FileMaker Go 12.

6. I scrolled down about 30 records (one record fits on a page) and tapped the box button.  The focus returned to the first record.

I also tried this on an iPhone and iPod touch with the same results.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try it here.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Scroll to top
                EP

Only difference is that I am connected to a server.  Not sure if that would change behavior?

I was using "Scroll Window", but changed the button to Go to Record/Request/Page [first] and still need to double click.

• 5. Re: Scroll to top
                  TSGal

E P:

I've tried it with both hosted in FileMaker Pro 12 and FileMaker Server 12 with the same results.

Please send in a copy of your database file so I can try it here.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.