4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2011 3:26 PM by mgores

signature capture on ipad

mgores

Title

signature capture on ipad

I am using, or at least trying to set up, a form database with a signature field to be used with iPads.  Everything is working fine so far, but the signatures come out very light when printing the forms.  Is there a way to boost the contrast or thicken the lines?  I tried exporting the image and to bump it up in preview but it is already just the black line against the transparent background.

• 1. Re: signature capture on ipad
          TSGal

Mark Gores:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  After capturing a signature, I can print from FileMaker Go, save as PDF and print, save as PDF and email to a Mac where I print, etc.  In each instance, the signature field displays properly.  How large is the Container field on the layout?  (my container size is 3.514 inches width by 1.736 inches height).

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: signature capture on ipad
            mgores

The container field on the layout is 1.847 by 0.264 inches.

It does display properly, its just that when printed it looks like it was done in real light pencil rather than the same dark black as the text on the form.

• 3. Re: signature capture on ipad
              TSGal

Mark Gores:

On my system, 1.847 by 0.264 inches shows in a light gray on the screen because of the scaling.  If I capture a signature that is 0.264 inches or smaller in height, then the signature shows (and prints) in its correct scaling.

If you size the Container field larger and print, do you get a better representation of the signature?

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: signature capture on ipad
                mgores

TS Gal

I brought it up to 2.264 by 0.597 and it does look much better.  Will keep playing with the size to get it to look right while staying on the line.  Mainly I need it to look correct on the layout it will be printed from, which is not the layout it is being entered on, so as long as I can make it look good on the final print all will be good.