1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2013 8:35 AM by schamblee

Simultaneous access to script/find/dataset

symbister

Title

Simultaneous access to script/find/dataset

Hi

We've recently set up a couple of iPads with FMG, running a central database served from FM Server.

The particular use is for door guest registration at events, so I set up an identical layout for each one, with a base layout on events, with a portal to contact_events, a link table between contacts and events

The portal lists those contacts who were invited to a particular event, and the layout has a button to run a script to Find Attendee, which prompts for contact names and runs a search on the event_contact table, then jumps to that particular portal row

All good until both iPads are running the same script at the same time, running a similar find on the same dataset, when one or other of them sticks on the contact_event table layout (ugly) and produces no result

How can I avoid this apparent 'locking-up' of a script that is being asked to run on two machines simultaneously - is it as simple as copying the script and running for example Script A on iPad A, and Script B on iPad B?

I'm guessing that this could also occur on desktops, but we've never needed a realtime solution to logging attendees before.

any help appreciated as always

1 2 Previous Next