AnsweredAssumed Answered

Single page web apps using Filemaker Go

Question asked by macrolide on Jun 5, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 8, 2014 by appt

Title

Single page web apps using Filemaker Go

Originally posted in FMPro forum, I think FM Go forum is the right place to post this question.

Correct me if I am wrong:

With Filemaker Webviewer rendering interface using HTML5, CSS3 and Javascript, its easy to make single page web apps in Filemaker and the URI scheme allows the apps to interact with the database.

Is it possible to sell such an app on the Apple app store for people using only the Filemaker Go platform? Shouldn't it be easier for FMP developers to sell these apps than the ones made by frameworks like phone gap? With the advent of big-data, and many industries adopting no-sql databases, if the Apple Subsidiary : FileMaker Inc allowed such a feature to create apps using Filemaker and sell them on App store, developers could still keep Filemaker development active despite the onslaught of such technologies?

Without going through the app store, how can I lock down the app usage to a single user for a specific device so the user cannot copy the FMP database to another device and use the same unlock password?

Any suggestions or directions please. 

Thanks.

Outcomes