1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 23, 2015 9:53 AM by TSGal

Sound won't play on Filemaker Go

HortGroup

Title

Sound won't play on Filemaker Go

Hi all. I am developing a database that includes a timer and alarm. When the timer hits a certain time an alarm is supposed to sound via scripting. In FileMaker Pro, it works perfectly. However, we put the database on an iPad and the timer works, but when the alarm is supposed to sound, a pop-up appears saying "This accessory is not supported." All I'm using is a container field and I double checked that all the script steps are supported on iOS. Is there any thing I'm doing wrong? Is there a work around?

• 1. Re: Sound won't play on Filemaker Go
          TSGal

Patrick Barlow:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, it is not possible to auto-play a Container field.  Once a Container field is selected, the Actions window appears with one of the options being "Play".  This cannot be selected automatically.

I recommend you enter this into the Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The suggestions entered into this web form populate a database file that is monitored and read by Product Management and Development.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked on the form that only you can answer.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.