AnsweredAssumed Answered

Syncing Filemaker Pro with Go

Question asked by SimonSherwood_1 on Sep 3, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2013 by AppGuy

Title

Syncing Filemaker Pro with Go

Hi Guys

I've been a Bento user for the past year using bento in my business to track my customers and customer transactions and expenses, I've found it very easy to use and set up although a little limiting.  Due to Bento no longer being supported I'm looking to migrate to filemaker pro, I've been playing with it for nearly a month and am gradually getting it all sorted.

I'd like a definitive answer on syncing though before I part with any cash.  Is it possible to write scripts so that Filemaker Pro (not server) will sync with filemaker go.  So I have a copy of the database on both Pro and Go, I do my work updating the database on my phone as I work and when I return back to the office I can perform a sync on both copies of the database the one on the phone and the one on the computer.  The phone will often have a poor or no data connection so the sync will have to be performed back in the office.

So I guess my main questions are,

Will it sync?

How? With wifi or cable. I don't really want to buy a third party package for hundreds of pounds if it's possible to write a script.

Can any one point me in the right direction of tutorials on this subject and portions of script ect?

Thanks for your help,

Simon.

Outcomes