2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2011 6:44 AM by TimCreagh

Take a picture inside FM Go

TimCreagh

Title

Take a picture inside FM Go

I would like to take a picture from my app and have the iPad / iPhone camera place the image directly in the apps container. Anyone have a clue how to do that?

Thank you, -tim-

• 1. Re: Take a picture inside FM Go
          TSDuck

Hi Tim Creagh:

Thanks for posting.

Container fields in FileMaker Go have the option to take a picture and place it into the container field.  Before you can use the “Take a Picture” option, your database must have a container field.  In FileMaker Go, navigate to a record and tap the container field on the layout.  You will now get a window presenting 4 different options.  Tap on the option “Take a Photo.”  Before taking the photo, you can change the resolution by tapping the button located at the top of the screen.  Once ready, take your photo and choose “Use the photo” to add it into the container.  This information is detailed in article http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7821 from our knowledgebase.

TSDuck
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Take a picture inside FM Go
            TimCreagh

Thank you. I didn't have the option since I was only testing it on an iPad I which doesn't have a camera. As soon as I tested it on my iPhone it gave me the option to use the camera. Now if I can just figure out how to use the "Current Location" to get the address I'll be all set.