2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2011 7:42 PM by MikeBertrand

Transferring FMP files back and forth between iPad and Mac

mdallie

Title

Transferring FMP files back and forth between iPad and Mac

I was able to use iTunes to initially transfer my database from my MacPro to my iPad.  I've also been able to upload the file from the iPad back up to the Mac.  But once I make changes to my data on the MacPro, I've been unable to re-download the data back to the iPad to overlay what was previously downloaded.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Transferring FMP files back and forth between iPad and Mac
          mdallie

I'm going to answer my own question here as I appear to have figured it out.

Once you download a file from your computer to your iPad using iTunes, it won't download the same file again automatically.  It appears as though you need to click the ADD button again in iTunes and pick the same file again.  You'll be asked to confirm you want to overlay the original file.  Confirm and then it downloads.

I assumed once it was listed, it would download each time automatically.  It doesn't (and that is actually a GOOD thing).

• 2. Re: Transferring FMP files back and forth between iPad and Mac
            MikeBertrand

I have installed a data base on the ipad. Then I worked on the master copy data base on the computer. Now I want to update or lay over or install the updared file on the ipad. I tried what was mentioned above, but I did not get the message to over lay the old data base on the ipad. Any ideas?