7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2013 1:04 PM by ChrissyMedellín

Tryng to send my registers for email. Fmgo doesn't working

ChrissyMedellín

Title

Tryng to send my registers for email. Fmgo doesn't working

I've been trying to send my registers entered in a data base clone for email to The  host, with an IPad. i followed The steps but FM go just doesn't  work.  is this has to be with The fact in u sing. A clone? Or that i'm not connected with The host?

Or maybe i can have i little help to send de data throw dropbox

Thx

• 1. Re: Tryng to send my registers for email. Fmgo doesn't working
          TSGal

Chrissy Medellin:

Thank you for your post.

If you are not connected to the host, then you are using a local copy.  Correct?  Assuming this is true, did you want to email the file to another computer?  Or, did you want to update the host with the local records?  If the former, you can either email the database file, or you can email just the records.  If you want to update the host with the local records, see pages 7-8 of the FileMaker Go Development Guide at:

http://www.filemaker.com/support/product/docs/12/filemaker-go/fmgo_development.pdf

FileMaker Go cannot send a file to the Dropbox folder.

Let me know what steps you have tried, as this may help me better understand your situation.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Tryng to send my registers for email. Fmgo doesn't working
            schamblee

I don't completely understand your question.  You can connect your iPad to a databases hosted by filemaker or filemaker server.   You can use iTunes transfer files back and forth between your computer and devices.   Dropbox will allow you to download files to your device.

• 3. Re: Tryng to send my registers for email. Fmgo doesn't working
              ChrissyMedellín

Thank You for answear tsgal

Yes i'm using a local copy in The iPad what i Want to do is send The registers i've been making in The copy for email. So The person who have The Mac host  can download The data and put it in The data base.

so i'm in The Fmgo register, The I press The cogwheel  button tren i use The option "save/send" 

after that i press "data base" and i can se The file and The buttons "email" and "save"

I press The email option and then appears The símbolo for waiting for like to seconds and then... Nothing happens

• 4. Re: Tryng to send my registers for email. Fmgo doesn't working
                ChrissyMedellín

S chamblee

i Only have an iPad and an internet Connection, i dona have a Mac to connect it in orden to use iTunes. i tryied in a PC but The iTunes doesn't show The files.

• 5. Re: Tryng to send my registers for email. Fmgo doesn't working
                  TSGal

Chrissy Medellin:

Thank you for the additional informatioin.

If you click Email, FileMaker Go will then ask open your Email application on your iPad.  Therefore, make sure you have Mail set up on your iPad so FileMaker can send the message.

When connected to iTunes on your PC, click your iPad in the left pane under DEVICES.  On the right side, click the Apps tab to see all of your applications.  Scroll to the bottom under File Sharing, and click on the FileMaker Go icon.  On the right side, all of your FileMaker Go documents will be displayed.  You can then drag the database to the desktop of your PC, and assuming you have an email application on your PC, you can then email the database file.

Let me know if you continue to run into difficulty.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Tryng to send my registers for email. Fmgo doesn't working
                    schamblee

iTunes works on both pc and mac.  On the newer versions of iTunes click on the iPad in the upper right hand corner, then click the  Apps tab, which is at the top of your screen,  then click Filemaker Go under File Sharing, to view your filemaker Go documents. Click add to add a new database.  

Same steps as TSGAL gave but some of the items can be in different locations depending on the version of iTunes you are using.   iTunes is the best / easies way to get databases off of your device and on to your computer.

• 7. Re: Tryng to send my registers for email. Fmgo doesn't working
                      ChrissyMedellín

Thank You bout of You ! 

It was Mail thing... I didn't think about that because the ipad Belongs to The project so i didn't know that when we send files it was a Mail linked to The iPad.

And now I also know how to transfer files with itunes

Thank You