4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2010 8:51 AM by TSGal

Turn off buttons at the top???

jjfcpa_1

Title

Turn off buttons at the top???

I'm running an application on the ipad using FM Go.

I have a startup script to turn off the status toolbar; however, it appears that there may be a bug when this option is used.

The buttons at the top of the screen are still partially visible and the user can select options from the cog wheel button that allows them to view layouts as forms, lists, and views.  I'm trying to control this in my application but they can override.  Not good.

Should these buttons be visible if the "Show / Hide Status Toolbar" is set to OFF and locked?

This is not the behavior in Filemaker 11 Advanced.

• 1. Re: Turn off buttons at the top???
          TSGal

jjfcpa:

Thank you for your post.

In FileMaker Pro 11, you can hide and lock the Status Area, and you still have the ability to view as Form, List or Table.  This is the same behavior in FileMaker Go.

While the Status Area (layouts, record counter, add record, etc.) is on the top in FileMaker Pro 11, the Status Area is at the bottom with FileMaker Go.

If you want all options removed from the screen, then I encourage you to enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The suggestions entered into this web form are read by Development and Product Management, and then discussed and considered for a future release.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are some additional questions asked that only you can answer.

When entering the request, please explain why you need everything inaccessible.  This will give a better understanding to those reading the suggestion.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Turn off buttons at the top???
            philmodjunk

In filemaker, you can limit a layout to a particular view in layout setup... Presumably, setting those limits while in layout mode in filemaker will keep your GO users (and others) from changing the view if you wish to prevent this.

• 3. Re: Turn off buttons at the top???
              jjfcpa_1

What I really want to prevent is the user from running a script that is accessed by clicking the cog wheel in the upper right hand corner of the ipad screen.  

• 4. Re: Turn off buttons at the top???
                TSGal

jjfcpa:

Thank you for your post.

When you set the user account privileges, set Scripts to "All no access".  Then, when you tap the cog wheel in the upper right corner and select "Perform Script", no scripts will be listed.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.