3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2014 4:51 PM by philmodjunk

URL Scheme for iLinea FMG app using ifinea tab 2 credit card scanner

sorrow

Title

URL Scheme for iLinea FMG app using ifinea tab 2 credit card scanner

Hi,

I am by no means an iOS guy, so I am having problems trying to figure out the proper URL Scheme to send to the iLinea FMG app which supposedly will allow ifinea tab 2 credit card scanner to then scan the card and send it back to FMP Go.

Has anyone done this with this scanner and app?  If so would you share the URL that you used to populate the Open URL in the filemaker script.

I have been able to push a button in FMP Go and it then goes to the app, I can scan the card and it comes back to FMP Go but the script I want it to run in FMP Go is not run and so I cant get the scanned card info.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

• 1. Re: URL Scheme for iLinea FMG app using ifinea tab 2 credit card scanner
          AppGuy

Sorrow-

Can you post your script that is not working or give us some more details..  

What happens when you push the button..  ie.. scripts..  

• 2. Re: URL Scheme for iLinea FMG app using ifinea tab 2 credit card scanner
            sorrow

Hi,

My script that calls the iLinea app is simple, it is just a OpenURL script step that uses this:

"ilinea://" & "FMP://" & Get ( SystemIPAddress ) & "/" & Get ( FileName )  & "?script=Test2&param=" & Get ( ScriptParameter )

When pushing the button that runs this script it switches to the iLinea FMG app, I then scan the card and it beeps like it scanned correctly, it then switches back to FM Go where nothing else happens.

I expected the scanned card info to be passed back to my Test2 script where it captures the card code info in a variable and then display it in a dialog.  This is the part that is not happening.

I am doing this Test2 script like this just to test to see if I am getting the card info.  Once I know I am capturing the info then I will mode my test2 script to put it into fields.....

Thanks for any help!

Scott

Does this help

• 3. Re: URL Scheme for iLinea FMG app using ifinea tab 2 credit card scanner
              philmodjunk

You may need to talk to tech support for the scanner to see what methods/options are possible on their end for completing the cycle needed to get this scanned data returned to the FM GO app.