AnsweredAssumed Answered

VENTING MY FRUSTRATION

Question asked by user14040 on Sep 29, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2010 by TSGal

Title

VENTING MY FRUSTRATION

I been sitting at my desk for about 1 hours now trying figure out how to write what my problem is, with

getting a script to import or more accurately sync data from my ipad to my desktop and my desktop to my ipad.  Yes from my other post someone gave me a script to use. It works but it does not work the way I need it to, it either duplicate records or delete changes.

Why do I  have to write a script to get a update to work that everyone has ask for?  Is it that hard to add a button to the app that does what the update is suppose to do?  The PDF email update, a great feature but I had to come back to this forum ask someone if they had a script to use then figure out how to write the script correctly for it to work, instead of having a button that lets you just add your address and other information needed to get the records sent as a PDF.

I am sure everyone on this forum used the request form to ask for certain updates they want for FMGO but instead of adding the buttons for the new features we have to figure out how to write scripts ourselves or come on the forum to ask for help.  Even the desktop version gives a one button click to get a PDF of a record just add a little info and there you go a PDF.  Why cant FilemakerGo be the same way.

I am really sorry for venting like this but this should not be like this, if the developers are working to do the updates that people ask for why cant they just add a button to the app to use the new feature.  

It is frustrating, I can get around filemaker pro but by no means am i a expert at it, and it makes it more frustrating when you are trying to learn to use Filemaker Pro, only to have new features added to the FMGO app that you have to figure out how to use.  Instead of a button and your done.

Once again sorry for the vent but had to do it, if I had hair I would be pulling it out right about now.

L

Outcomes