2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 10:22 AM by user14040

Web Publishing Can not access through internet

user14040

Title

Web Publishing Can not access through internet

Hi

I can not see the FM web publishing page when trying to view on the internet.  I can access my files using Filemaker Go but not web publishing.  I have ports 5003 & 591 open and I am using Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced. on a Mac Min.

Also why is it when I look at the network Ip address it list 2 instead of one.  Using the Windows version it only shows one IP address the Mac show two.

I was using Filemaker Pro Advanced 11 on my windows 7 computer with no problems but changed it recently to the Mac Mini using Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced.  Thats when Web Publishing stopped working.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Web Publishing Can not access through internet
          TSGal

Lawfour:

Thank you for your post.

If you are physically connected to the network, then you will display the IP Address as well as the local area network address (192.168.xxx.xxx).

Port 5003 is used to access FileMaker Pro dataase files over the network using FileMaker Pro.  If you are using port 591 for Instant Web Publishing, then when using Instant Web Publishing, make sure your browser is pointing to:

http://<IP Address of Mac Mini>:591

If you are just using the default browser port (80), then no port number needs to be specificed.

You may also want to try entering into the browser:

htpp://<IP Address>/fmi/iwp

... as this specifies FileMaker's Instant Web Publishing.

Let me know what else you have tried (and the results).

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Web Publishing Can not access through internet
            user14040

found that norton was blocking the ports

thanks for responding