3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 2:10 PM by TSGal

Web Service Calls from "Go"?

MorkAfur

Title

Web Service Calls from "Go"?

Is it possible using ScriptMaster or other library to execute a SOAP-based web service calls from a File Maker Pro application running on FMP Go?

The goal, initially, would be to take some text on the FileMaker Go application and, via a web service call, save it to MySQL or to SQL Server, etc. FileMaker ESS is not the solution for us here so we are looking at web services instead.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

-m

• 1. Re: Web Service Calls from "Go"?
          TSGal

Mork Afur:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

FileMaker Go does not have the ability to execute a SOAP based service.  In FileMaker Pro, when you go into Manage Scripts, if you modify an existing script (or create a new script), the bottom left corner has a pop-up for "Show Compatibility".  Change this from "Desktop" to "iOS", and you will see the available commands.  Notably greyed out are "Execute SQL" and "Send Event".

I recommend you enter this suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database file hosted by Development and Product Management, where these entries are discussed and considered for a future release.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Web Service Calls from "Go"?
            lwg

Has this feature come about? I'm just getting started with FMPAdvanced and FMGo and it would be great if a db on ios could make a call to my web service.

• 3. Re: Web Service Calls from "Go"?
              TSGal

lwg:

This feature is not available in the latest release of FileMaker Go (14.0.3).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.