8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2012 12:16 PM by TSGal

Web Viewer and Filemaker Go 11

fabiuz

Title

Web Viewer and Filemaker Go 11

Hallo,

recently I have added a couple of web viewers on my FM11 database, they work fine on my computer but when I use them on my iPhone I have a couple of strange behaviours that I cannot fix/understand:

1. one of them has text coming from a table field, when I touch it to scroll, sometimes it is not able to scroll even if interaction is enabled. Often when I touch the web viewer, it will disappear whit a soft animation that seems "coded". 

I have no events for this and it should really not disappear. If I am able to scroll it a little bit then it will not disappear anymore.

2. I have also set a web viewer with no content: a script will create the html to show and will put it inside. Using filemaker go, the content will not load: I have a refresh icon on the top right side but nothing is visible. To fix this I have set a page to load in the web viewer settings and by doing so, it will load correctly the page I have set in the script.  Even here, when I touch the screen, the content will disappear and for some reason the page is then reloaded and I am able to touch and scroll.

Do anybody here have and explenation of why this happens or have some suggestion about how to solve these issues?

Thanks a lot!

Fabio

• 1. Re: Web Viewer and Filemaker Go 11
          TSGal

Fa:

Thank you for your post.

Can you post the text and HTML that is being referenced.  I'll try it here.

Have you tried this under FileMaker Go 12?  Do you get the same results?

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Web Viewer and Filemaker Go 11
            fabiuz

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I have FM11 Adv and FM Go 11, the benefits of FM12 are not enought for me, I mean for the price I should pay for the upgrade.

The text is a simple plain text in a table field, nothing more.

The HTML in the web view is like this:

"data:text/html,<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN\"

<html xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\" xml:lang=\"it-IT\" lang=\"it-IT\">
                 <head profile=\"http://www.w3.org/2005/10/profile\">
                 <meta http-equiv=\"Content-Type\" content=\"text/html; charset=utf-8\"/>
                 <title>Note</title>
                 <meta http-equiv=\"Content-Language\" content=\"it-IT\" />
                 <style type=\"text/css\">
                 body 
                 {
                 margin: 0; padding: 0.5em;
                 color: #333;
                 font-family: \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
                 }
                 p { line-height: 1.4; margin: 0; padding: 0; }
                 </style>
                 </head>
                 <body>
                 <p>"
                 &  costumers::note &
                 "</p></body>
                 </html>"

I have troubles even when I rotate the display: text will disappear.

• 3. Re: Web Viewer and Filemaker Go 11
              TSGal

Fa:

Thank you for the Web Viewer calculation.

Using your code (except for the field name), on the fifth or so record entered, I did experience similar results with the data disappearing when attepting to scroll.  I am unable to make the data disappear when rotating the device display.

I am unable to reproduce this issue under FileMaker Go 12.

Please send in a copy of your data file with some sample records so I can more easily reproduce the issue.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Web Viewer and Filemaker Go 11
                fabiuz

Thanks for the quick reply, I have sent you the database to try it out.

I have created one record only, you should use the layout dropdown menù to select the following layouts by using an iPhone with iOS 6.01 and FM Go 11:

1. "Scheda Cliente", the first menù item, has a note at the bottom, it shows the note in a web viewer. Try to tap on it and it should disappear. Sometimes I have troubles to scroll the text too but when it scrolls it will not disappear anymore.

2. on the same layout, tap on the tab "Note (1)", tap on the note, and you will see one more web viewer with the same issue. Some time it disappears by rotating the screen.

3. on the same layout, tap on the tab "Info" and try to make a quick search: type "New york" and do the search. You should notice that the keyboard will not disappear. You have to tap on cancel.

4. from the layout selector, tap on the second layout item "Mappa Clienti Selezionati": it will show you where the costumer is on google maps, as soon as you tap on the map, it will disappear and reload. I have to set a default web address to the web viewer, because the script that loads the webaddress do not work it the default address of the web viewer is empty. You cold try to remove the destination url and you will see a blank page for all the time.

I hope you can reproduce the issues and give me some possible fixes to this.

Thanks a lot!

• 5. Re: Web Viewer and Filemaker Go 11
                  TSGal

Fa:

I received your file.  Thank you.

I am able to replicate all four issues using FileMaker Go 11.  However, when I convert the file to FileMaker Go 12, I am unable to replicate any of the four issues.  That is, the information in the Web Viewers do not disappear, the keyboard disappears after a search, and the map does not disappear and reload when you tap on it.

I have sent your file along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When information becomes available to me, I will let you know.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Web Viewer and Filemaker Go 11
                    fabiuz

Thanks for the quick reply and for the tests,

what could it mean your answer?

Will you provider an updated version of FM GO 11 or should I have to upgrade to version 12 to have these bugs fixed?

Is FM GO 11 still supported?

Thanks

• 7. Re: Web Viewer and Filemaker Go 11
                      TSGal

Fa:

I apologize for the confusion.

The current version of FileMaker Go is version 12.  I do not know if there are any plans to return to FileMaker Go 11 and make changes.  That is why I submitted this issue to Development and Testing.  When I receive more information, I will let you know.

TSGal
                           FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Web Viewer and Filemaker Go 11
                        TSGal

Fa:

Currently, there are no plans to update FileMaker Go 11.  Focus has been shifted to FileMaker Go 12 and future releases.

TSGal
                             FileMaker, Inc.