3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2014 9:26 AM by ChadGist

Wifi range extender and Filemaker go on Ipad

SanfordMuseum

Title

Wifi range extender and Filemaker go on Ipad

Hi, I am using Filemaker 12 on my Imac, and filemaker Go 13 on my Ipad Air. The whole thing works wonderfully well, as long as we are in range of our original Wifi router. When we go to the basement, however, we are using a wifi range extender. All other internet apps run fine with it, but Filemaker Go starts sending messages that it can't connect to the file. We either get the message about the host being unavailable or a message that the file has been damaged. 

Any ideas? Thanks so much for any insight into this problem!

Michele

• 1. Re: Wifi range extender and Filemaker go on Ipad
          Markus Schneider

I got also a range extender in the WLAN here. I can't connect to the FileMaker servers when sitting on the range extender network - I have to select the other, original WLAN and then it works. 

I believe that it's because of the different networks (other IP)  - and forgot about it (always changing networks..)

• 2. Re: Wifi range extender and Filemaker go on Ipad
            SanfordMuseum

Well, I think you're right. The Ipad seems to read the range extender as being the same network. Filemaker seems to know that it's a different network. and there is no place to change it on the ipad, since it thinks it's the same network.

It works great on the original network, but the problem is that we need to to use the range extender, for our filemaker, because where we need to use it is in the "dead spot".

Thanks for your response!

• 3. Re: Wifi range extender and Filemaker go on Ipad
              ChadGist

We seem to be having a similar problem. We upgraded our wifi to a mesh network configuration with several nodes throughout our 30,000 square foot building. Still though, when an iPad goes into an area where it switches from one node to another, Filemaker freezes up and loses connection. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get Filemaker to act more responsive in an extended range?