3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2012 11:24 AM by TSGal

Window/Screen controls on Filemaker Go

dsr1

Title

Window/Screen controls on Filemaker Go

Hi,

I am working on basic "look and feel" for use on the Ipad (FMV12).

The app is designed to work in portrait mode only.

There are two issues that I have not been able to resolve.

(1) The multiple windows (history) created when moving from layout to layout. I want to stop FM from creating them:

and

(2) Is there any way I can lock the sceen orientation within FM, rather than relying on the user to use the Ipad built in control?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Window/Screen controls on Filemaker Go
          TSGal

Peter Bruce:

Thank you for your post.

I'm a little confused.  Do  you have separate windows for layouts?  There is not a command that would stop you from moving from one window to another, so any New Window script commands would need to be disabled first.  Create a user account that does not allow you to create the New Window command, and in addition, if you don't want the users to switch layouts, make only one layout accessible under the user account.

Currently, there is no command in FileMaker Go that would allow you to lock the screen to portrait (or landscape).  I would recommend you enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database file that is hosted by Development and Product Management, where each entry is discussed and considered for a future release.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Window/Screen controls on Filemaker Go
            dsr1

Thanks, TS,

I will fill out a request regarding locking down orientation.

I did not eplalin myself very well regaring the other issue. I might well be jumping the gun too. I was refering to the File and Window contol interface accessed via the button at top left of the screen. My concern is that a user may generate mutiple instances (or screen snapshots, at least) by activating the "+" button instead of maximising the current window.

I would like to disable access to this area as well as some menu options in runtime.

• 3. Re: Window/Screen controls on Filemaker Go
              TSGal

Peter Bruce:

Thank you for the clarification.

If you have FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced, then you can create a Custom Menu set that doesn't include "New Window".  Then, when you activate the File and Window control, the green "+" button will not appear, so a new window cannot be created.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.