2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2014 8:28 AM by carolyn

"Insert Text" Replacing the entire field when using web direct

carolyn

Title

"Insert Text" Replacing the entire field when using web direct

Your post

Hi All,

I work I little script which inserts text.  It is written so it will insert text at the curser position. I deselected replace the entire field. The script works correctly locally and through remote client; however, it replaces the entire field when run through web direct.

Is this a bug in the Insert Text command or a limitation in web publishing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1. Re: "Insert Text" Replacing the entire field when using web direct
          philmodjunk

Possible bugs should be posted over in Report an Issue and this sounds like one that should be reported there.

A work around would be to try using Set field to modify the data in the field. There are Get functions that return the position of the cursor and the number of selected characters so a script with set field can also insert text at the point of the cursor as does insert text.

• 2. Re: "Insert Text" Replacing the entire field when using web direct
            carolyn

Hi Phil,

Once again thank you for your help.

I wrote a script based on your comments.  It did work well except for one additional problem: The active selection size did not work using web direct.  I was hoping to sandwich the selected text with edit codes.  However, the active selection start did work via web connect, so I'll be able to insert edit codes at the curser location.

As you suggested I'll post the problems to the bug database.

Thanks again,

Carolyn