0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 2:54 PM by AndrewChang

"SQL statement is too long." issue in ODBC connection

AndrewChang

Title

"SQL statement is too long." issue in ODBC connection

Your post

Hi, all:

We'd like to pull the data from Oracle to FileMaker Server, and we used FileMaker Pro to access that pulled data. The FileMaker Server was installed in Windows platform and the version of FMS is 13. The ODBC driver was installed in this Windows system where FMS 13 located, and the ODBC connection is working well in the System DSN I setup in "ODBC Data Source Administrator" in Windows. I can use Oracle SQL Developer and SQL*Plus to retrieve back the data well.

In the Filemaker Pro side, I setup everything correctly in the "External Data Sources..." so that I can grab the table in Oracle database back correctly and add it in the "Tables" when "Manage" my FileMaker database. In order to show the filed value in the table, I created a new layout and used "Field Picker" to drag and drop one of the fields (let's say "TEST ID") from the Oracle database to this new layout. After I switch the layout to "Browse" mode, I found the number of the total records is correct, however,  the value was disappearing. When I clicked the area that is supposed to show the value, it popped up "SQL statement is too long." (Please see the attachment.) I google the issue, and it seems like due to the 4096 characters limitation in statement length in FileMaker Pro. (In this page : http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7418/~/sql-queries-limited-to-4096-characters-in-filemaker-pro , which does not have the solution for the issue. ) 

Therefore, I just wonder if anyone met this issue before, and please let me know how to solve this issue. Thank you very much for your help.

Andrew

odbc_sql.png