AnsweredAssumed Answered

2nd client no longer automatically shows new data when input from another client

Question asked by Pstone on Apr 2, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2009 by Pstone

Title

2nd client no longer automatically shows new data when input from another client

Your post

I don't own a "Server" so I can't really check this out where I am but wanted to see if this rings a bell with anyone.

My client is running 5.5 Server and has a phone log that a secretary opens on one machine and the boss on another machine. The boss just leaves his FMP 6 client open to the phonelog screen and the secretary enters new data on that screen. Data is shown with the body the line of new data so when viewed, sorted records simply stack on top of each other - nothing big there...

On the old FM 5.5 server using FMP6 to access, when the secretary enters a new call in and clicked off the row of new data that was entered, the boss's screen automatically updated HIS screen with the new call data. His screen dynamically updates to new data.

Well on the FMP9 server, that no longer works and using two FMP6 clients with NO server accessing the same datafile also DOES NOT WORK pointing this to a server setting yet I can't see anything in the 5.5 or 9 documenation to elude to this.

Maybe someone out there knows this scenario already and if there's a way to get the FM9 Server or clients to return to this behavior.

Thanks!

Peter

Outcomes