1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 24, 2011 7:05 AM by Narcan

64bit ODBC driver?

JonJ

Title

64bit ODBC driver?

Your post

Hi,

Microsoft has finally made the move to 64bit (all its flagship 2010 products such as Exchange and System Center are only available in x64, and I'm sure that the next Server OS -- Server 8 -- will only be x64).  Many hardware supplies such as Dell are only shipping x64 processors.

Therefore, will Filemaker be releasing a 64bit version of its ODBC driver any time soon?  I am finding the current 32 bit driver all but impossible (and certainly impractical) to use in a 64 bit Windows environment.  

I am currently hosting my databases on a 32bit server, but this cannot last for more than a few months!

Many thanks, 

Jon.

• 1. Re: 64bit ODBC driver?
          Narcan

Hi Jon,

A workaround: Well, somewhat. You can use the 32bit xDBC driver with Microsoft Office 2010 32Bit version on W7 64bit platform.

I've deinstalled the 64bit version of the MS office suite and reinstalled the 32bit office suite on my W7 64bit machine. I can now use the 32bit Filemaker ODBC driver from 32bit Excel and Access.

This should buy us some time untill a Ms certified 64bit Filemaker xDBC driver.

Regards,

Steven