1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2011 8:30 AM by TSGal

Accessing databases over web

REM64

Title

Accessing databases over web

Your post

Hi All, We have a windows2008/64bit Filemaker 10 advanced server that has been in production for about a year. When we installed Filemaker 10 server at the time we did not enable web publishing as we were thinking we would not have a need for anyone accessing our databases over the web. Now we do have that need. So, I installed IIS7 and copied all folders from the Filemaker "web publishing" folder to the inetpub wwwroot folder as the Filemaker documentation notes and then enabled web publishing and turned on iwp.  But, this is as far as the documentation takes me. I cannot get the web publishing function working because I cannot get this to like the iis site. Also, the iwp folder has nothing in it (should there be?). I'm at a loss how to get this working. Any thoughts or suggestions from anyone who has got this working with iis would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

• 1. Re: Accessing databases over web
          TSGal

REM64:

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like you have everything set up correctly.  What occurs when you try to launch Admin Console?  What occurs when you enter the IP Address into a browser?

Try the following:

Using FileMaker Pro, open one of the files that you want clients to access via Instant Web Publishing.  Pull down the File menu and select "Sharing -> Instant Web Publishing...".  Turn on Instant Web Publishing, select the file in the lower left quadrant, and in the lower right quadrant, set the Instant Web Publishing access to "All users".  Click OK.

Close this file, and upload it to FileMaker Server.  Open the file using the Admin Console.  You should now see Instant Web Publishing enabled for this file.

Go to another machine, open a browser, and enter:   http://<IP Address of server>/fmi/iwp

This should present the Instant Web Publishing page with the file being listed.  Click on the file and open it.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.