2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2010 2:35 PM by Sharpie251

Adding Database in PHP Assistant FMP Server 11

Sharpie251

Title

Adding Database in PHP Assistant FMP Server 11

Your post

Hi there,

I am having an issue adding my database using the PHP Assistant. I have tried to point the PHP Assitant to the database but I keep getting the same error: Connection failed. Please check the server address.

My Database is on an Apple X-Server. IP address is 192.168.1.107

I have tried mulitple filepaths to the databse and still get the same error. I had done this once in the past. The help file wasn't much help. I did make sure my database has all the right access privilges.

If you can help me or point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thganks

• 1. Re: Adding Database in PHP Assistant FMP Server 11

Sharpie251:

Thank you for posting.

If the Site Assistant is unable to contact the server, please first check that there is not a firewall blocking the connection. For example, If I close port 80 on our test server and hit "Connect", the Site Assistant will give "Connection failed. Please check the server address." after about 30 seconds.

Are you able to run the Site Assistant on the server itself? Is it possible to test disabling any firewalls on the server?

You did mention multiple file paths, however the "Use a database on this server" field should only contain the IP address of the server.

It may also be beneficial to run the PHP Custom Web Publish Test. You can access this test from http://192.168.1.107:16000/test.

TSuki
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Adding Database in PHP Assistant FMP Server 11
            Sharpie251

Thanks for the response. I run the PSP Custom WEb Publish test and it was okay.

What I had done was put my datrabase in a folder located in the 'Default' Folder in the Server Admin. Doing so did not allow PHP Assistant to find my database. So much for organization I guess LOL. I reuploaded teh dateabase into the 'Default' folder and it worked great.

Thank you again