AnsweredAssumed Answered

Admin console cannot validate certificate

Question asked by mattwatts on Mar 31, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2010 by TSGal

Title

Admin console cannot validate certificate

Your post

Whenever I try to launch Admin Console on a remote machine (ie not the machine running the server) I get an error message saying that Java 'Failed to validate certificate'. I'm given two options 'Details' and 'OK'. If I choose OK, the console then quits. 'Details' gives the following message:

java.security.cert.CertificateException: Unable to evaluate certificates at com.sun.deploy.security.MacOSXTrustUI.evaluateTrustAndShow(MacOSXTrustUI.java:147) at com.sun.deploy.security.MacOSXTrustUI.showDialog(MacOSXTrustUI.java:47) at com.sun.deploy.security.X509Util.showSecurityDialog(X509Util.java:152) at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.isAllPermissionGranted(TrustDecider.java:663) at com.sun.javaws.security.AppPolicy.grantUnrestrictedAccess(AppPolicy.java:264) at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(LaunchDownload.java:1460) at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(LaunchDownload.java:1170) at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Launcher.java:1020) at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:306) at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:183) at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:104) at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Main.java:405) at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Main.java:252) at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Main.java:111) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)

I've tried clearing the Java cache and checked that ports 16000 and 16001 are open on the server machine.

I can launch Admin Console on the server itself without any problems, just not on a remote machine. Any suggestions?

Server: FMSA 11.0.1.95 on Mac OS X 10.5.8

Client: Mac OS X 10.6.2 

Outcomes