3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2010 7:37 AM by BenoitPlourde

Admin console does not update users list

BenoitPlourde

Title

Admin console does not update users list

Your post

I am running FMServer Advanced 11 on a brand new Macmini OSX Server (10.6). One of the feature I like is to see "live" all current users connected to FM Databases and other clients via website. Each time a new client connects to our databases either on our LAN or with the internet, it appears instantly on the Users list since the installation date (2 weeks ago).

Yesterday I updated the server from Safari 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 and since, the Admin Server does not show "live" updated information. I have to click on databases and then back on Users to have the information updated.

The Safari update process required to restart the computer.

What should I do to have this feature back?

• 1. Re: Admin console does not update users list

Benoit Plourde:

Thank you for posting.

Updating Safari shouldn't affect FileMaker Server or the Admin Console. Were there any other updates such as Java? Is this machine dedicated to FileMaker Server?

Could the Safari update have modified any of the machine's network security settings?

TSuki
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Admin console does not update users list
            BenoitPlourde

Thank you TSuki for your answer.

There were no other updates. (Only Safari 5.0.2)

This is a Macmini OSX Server (10.6.4), to serve 8 LAN Filemaker users and is also a Web and Mail server (few traffic).

Here are improvements for Safari 5.0.2 :

-------------------------------------

About Safari 5.0.2

Snow Leopard, Leopard

This update contains improvements to compatibility and security, including the following:

Fixes an issue that could prevent users from submitting web forms
            Fixes an issue that could cause web content to display incorrectly when viewing a Google Image result with Flash 10.1 installed
            Establishes an encrypted, authenticated connection to the Safari Extensions Gallery

SHA1 Safari 5.0.2 Snow Leopard = 695730a04038240c340571abf62c08f1ad5a8a5c

-------------------------------------

I think SHA1 is related to security, but cannot confirm if it has modified any of the machine's network security setting.

• 3. Re: Admin console does not update users list
              BenoitPlourde

After a Server restart last evening, everything is back to normal.

It was the first restart since the Safari update Server restart.

Admin console shows "live" connected users either from LAN or internet.

Thank you for your time regarding this matter.