2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 4:41 AM by JonnyDyer

Admin Console Impossibly slow both local and remote

JonnyDyer

Title

Admin Console Impossibly slow both local and remote

Your post

I can see similar posts - but I can't see anything that can help me.

I am running 13.0.4 on Windows 2012 R2, Intel®, Zeon® CPU E5-2620 @ 2GHz with 8GB ram and 150GB HD.

Admin console was irritatingly slow (7 minutes to create a simple schedule) until last week.  And now impossibly slow (I've given up waiting for the schedule tab to appear). Upgraded to 13/0/4 in the hope that this would help - but nothing.  Same symptoms as Gianandrea Gattinoni 5/7/14; Post 62f35fad39

Help!  indecision

• 1. Re: Admin Console Impossibly slow both local and remote
          Jonny Dyer:

Thank you for the post.

First, Windows Server 2012 R2 was never tested for FileMaker Server 13, but Windows Server 2012 Standard:

Additionally, we have seen the issue described if other third party security or antivirus software is installed.

Any third party software, security, or antivirus installed on this computer? 

Any applications besides the operating system, FileMaker Server 13.0v4, and the components installed by FileMaker Server 13?

TSFalcon
          FileMaker, Inc.
          • 2. Re: Admin Console Impossibly slow both local and remote
            JonnyDyer

Hi TSFalcon

Thanks for the reply.  I've been talking to FMP UK - and we've ascertained that WSUS was getting in the way of admin-console.

Since disabling WSUS and re-installing FMP Server, admin-console on local server (accessed by remote desktop) is working brilliantly.

Remote admin-console from web-browser is still poor however.  I don't have any third party software, security or antivirus that I am aware of (just getting netstats/tasklist/events etc to check).

Just double checked, and remote-admin-console from s neighbouring server (the worker server) on the same array and therefore within the DMZ etc is also slow - so it must be something on the Master Machine.

Jonny